The Town of Carnegie Oklahoma – About

Carnegie is a town in, Caddo County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 1,723 at the 2010 census.

The original name of the town was Latham. After incorporation of the town in 1903, leaders of the town decided to rename the town because a Latham, Oklahoma already existed. The town was renamed Carnegie, after the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, in the hopes that he would build a library in the town. He did not, but the town has retained the name of Carnegie.

The Town of Carnegie is on the south bank of the Washita River 27 miles west of Anadarko, Oklahoma, at the intersection of State Highways 58 and 9.

The Town of Carnegie is governed by five(5) Town Board of Trustees. Members are elected at large from within the town limits for four-year terms. Other officials include a town clerk and a town treasurer.

The town maintains the following services for the community:

Water, sewer and sanitation – 580-654-1004

The Carnegie Library – 580-654-1980

The Police Department – 580-654-1444

The Volunteer Fire Department – 580-654-1444 via Police Department

The Town Cemetery – via Town Hall 580-654-1004

The Carnegie Animal Shelter via Town Hall 580-654-1004

The following services are available in Carnegie but are not maintained by the Town:

The Chamber of Commerce – Contact via the Carnegie Herald at 580-654-1443

The Carnegie Schools – Contact via the Superintendent’s Office at 580-654-1470

The Carnegie Tri-County Municipal Hospital at 580-654-1050